” Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.”
– Tena Desae
According to John Hopkins Medicine, being positive helps keep your heart healthy.
But, there are so much more benefits to it, such as:
- Living longer – Who doesn’t want to live longer?
- Performing better when under stress – And that’s because you look on the positive side instead of the negative.
- You’re considered more attractive – People like people who are always optimistic even when things aren’t going so well.
Unfortunately, our brain still has that negative mindset from when we were still cavemen.
Good thing is, we can fix that!
A major trait about successful people is that they are always optimistic , never pessimistic.
In other words, they still see the light in the dark tunnel.
I’m going to give you a step-by-step manual on how to be more positive, so all you have to do is read and apply, okay?
Because if you just read and don’t do anything about it, it’s just going to be another useless piece of information that’s in your mind.
Let’s start the steps:
1. Start With Your Words
The words we say about ourselves and to other people have a dramatic effect on the brain.
Over 90% of our mind is our subconscious, and the remaining 10% is our conscious.
And our subconscious mind is always awake – 24/7 .
The subconscious mind hears everything and remembers everything, so if you regularly say negative or hang around people who are negative, you will be negative.
It’s common sense, you just got to remember that whatever you focus on, you attract.
So, a good start would be by saying positive affirmations because affirmations can truly transform one’s mind.
I know because it happened to me.
I started out as a shy, unconfident kid to a bold, ambitous soul.
But, you have to be consistent.
Be consistent until it becomes a habit for you, and then it will be much easier for you to apply it in everyday life.
2. Say what you’re grateful for
There are many things you can be grateful for.
If you are reading this, then be grateful that you are able to read and that you have the internet access in order to read this blog post.
Being grateful helps you in appreciating in what you have now.
You should start with 3 things you appreciate in your life.
An ideal time you could do that would be in the morning, but if you don’t have time in the morning, do it when you have free time.
Once it becomes a habit, you’ll automatically become a more positive person because you are always appreciating what you have now, not in the past or future.
Meditation is a lot like being grateful.
But, instead of appreciating for what you have now, you focus on the now.
Being in the now is really important in order to be more positive.
Because negative people tend to think of the what if , or when I .
Just focus on the now, and you’ll be good.
Dr. Perry from MakeItUltra does a good explanation on why you should focus on the now.
To start with meditation, all you have to do is to find a quiet place where you can sit and focus on your breaths.
It’s going to be hard, but you just got to continue it!
Once it becomes easy, you can focus on mantras, or even images!
4. Do what you love
Would you rather…
- Live life filled with doing stuff you hate
- Do stuff that you love every single day.
Many people would pick number 2, but are you really doing it?
We live in a busy world, and many people are always hurrying to get to their places, whether it’s home, work, or even to party.
Give yourself some down time in which you are doing stuff you love.
And that doesn’t mean spending all that time on your phone or playing video games.
Go out into nature, or if you like writing, write!
If you don’t have a hobby, find one because there are an infinite number of hobbies you can do!
Some of them, you can make a job out of!
If you can wake up every morning, going to the place where you just do what you love for the whole day, then you’ll be happy.
Negative people are always the ones doing stuff that they hate doing, so if you want to be positive, join the other side!
What time is it?
The assignment is to look in the mirror and smile.
Smiling is indeed a form of positive body language, and not only you’ll feel positive, but your self-esteem will boost as well.
Or, when you wake up, say, “Today is going to be a great day.”
That will embed in your subconscious mind, and your mind will try to find ways to make today a great day.
Either of those 2 are ways you can be more optimistic.
Reminder: Don’t forget to do it!
Being in a constant positive mind state will help gain new insights for your life.
Once you do this consistently for 30 days, people will recognize that you changed, which is a good thing.
“When you think positive, good things happen.”
Always remember that you’re awesome.