In order to live life to the fullest, you have to go past one major thing – fear.
Fear has been used to protect us in the past from danger, but now we don’t need it due to the very little life threats we have in our daily lives, and instead fear is becoming more of a burden for us.
Fear is an emotion that has ruined many dreams, hopes, and accomplishments.
Don’t let it happen to you.
In this article, I will share with you some quotes on fear that just might make you face your fear right after.
Here are the quotes:
- ” The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
Have you ever faced a fear?
If you have, have you had a feeling that you were unstoppable right after?
That’s why we should face them.
Like what FDR said, the only thing that we should fear is the feeling of fear.
Because fear is a negative emotion, and we shouldn’t allow negative emotions to flood our minds.
- ” Fear doesn’t shut you down; it wakes you up.”
We all have fear as an emotion.
The only thing is that there are people who let fear limit them, and those who let fear motivate them towards success.
So, be the person who uses fear as a project that needs to be done instead of a giant monster leaning over you.
- ” How very little can be done under the spirit of fear.”
People who are always fearful do little things.
All the big things require some sort of risks to be taken!
If you want to succeed in whatever you want to succeed in, you MUST be okay with taking risks and not fearing failure.
- ” Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.”
Like I said earlier, at some points fear is important, but most of the time it’s not.
People can do many crazy things due to the feeling of fear.
And that’s because the feeling of fear sometimes creates the fight-or-flight response.
Don’t be one of those people who flee due to fear!
- ” Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”
What do you want to accomplish in your life?
What are your biggest life goals?
Well, all of those require YOU to face some sort of fear.
Whether its fear of:
- Heights – How are you going to travel around the world?
- Change – You’ll never grow if you don’t change.
- Death – Sad, but true. Everyone’s going to die.
- Failure – Overcoming this fear can change you.
So, be bold and go after what you want, but don’t forget that fear can sometimes be in the way.
- ” Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.”
W. Clement Stone
You can think all you want, but action is key to achieving anything!
For you physicists out there, there is a law that explains what I’m trying to say:
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Even if you’re scared out of your mind and still face your fear, the fear will lessen and go away because you took action on it.
- ” Fear is never a reason for quitting; it is only an excuse.”
-Norman Vincent Peale
Here are some common excuses people use:
- I’m too busy.
- What will the other people say?
- I don’t have enough money?
- This is not the right time.
- I’m too tired.
- I will do it in a couple of minutes.
The emotion of fear is bringing up these excuses.
The fears of failing, uncertainty, and judgement are the biggest reasons why these excuses are made.
When are YOU going to stop making excuses?
- ” Do one thing every day that scares you.”
I have an activity for you.
For a week, do something that scares the daylights out of you.
For example, if you’re not a social person, make an effort to talk to a new person every day.
Or, if you’re afraid of public speaking, make an effort to perform public speeches.
That way, you could become better and that fear you once had will disappear.
Do it for a week and tell me how it goes by leaving me a comment below. 😉
- ” You can conquer almost any fear if you only make your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.”
Our minds can do some crazy stuff.
Once you realize that fear is only a negative state of mind, that is one step closer for you to achieve your goals and successes.
Recondition your mind to think your fears are your friends by surrounding yourself in those fearful situations.
We can either use our fears to MAKE us or BREAK us.
It’s your call.
Just realize that the barrier between success and failure is the emotion of fear.
Always remember that YOU are AWESOME!!!
P.S: I have a podcast that talks about similar topics – here. By the way, I love photography and you can check out my photos on Foap. Don’t forget to comment, like, share, and follow!